I would like to apply for Associate Membership of the INKC because:
I believe that:
- Dogs are a boon to humans, and deserve to be treated with love and understanding;
- The love of dogs – particularly within the wider ambit of love of nature – induces men to be nobler denizens of our planet;
- The companionship of dogs is an essential element in the full and balanced development of human personality;
- The love of dogs as man’s best friend is universal, and cuts across status, cultures and barriers between the peoples of the world;
- Pure-bred dogs enhance the pleasure and purpose of keeping, breeding and training dogs;
- The physical characteristics, behavioral traits and working ability of pure-bred dogs are a valuable inheritance which needs to be conserved, and the integrity of the various breeds scrupulously maintained as required by the ideal.
I shall actively and wholeheartedly assist the INKC in its endeavor:
- To inculcate love and understanding of dogs among the human fraternity;
- To generate and increase awareness among the public of the pleasures and benefits of the company of dogs;
- To promote and enable knowledgeable and ethical breeding of pure-bred dogs;
- To promote the practice among breeders of pricing their puppies according to quality, and of selling them directly to genuine owners, without the involvement of pet-shops, dealers or brokers;
- To inculcate a deeper understanding of dog behavior, and encourage and enable humane, progressive and efficient methods of dog training;
- To promote the utility of dogs for lawful and humanitarian purposes, wherever such breeding, training and deployment elicits the best that dogs can offer without causing them distress;
- To encourage dog owners to involve themselves personally in the handling, showing and training of their dogs;
- To instill professionalism, dedication and a quest for increased knowledge among those who desire to render their paid or honorary services to dogs or dog owners;
- To disseminate suitable information pertaining to dogs, organize classes, seminars, workshops, and shows;
- To conduct quizzes and tests in theory and practice, so as to enable dog lovers to gain a fair assessment of their knowledge of dogs;
- To maintain true records, including records of pedigree, issue certificates in acknowledgement thereof, promote fair and healthy competition at dog shows and allied tests;
- To procure for dog-lovers such facilities, benefits and privileges as are necessary for their better enjoyment of their dogs’ company;
- To give direction to the dog world, and regulate its affairs.
I shall surrender my Associate Membership of the INKC if – at any point of time – I cease to believe in, and/or do not act in accordance with or develop interests contrary to the INKC precepts mentioned above.